- University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts, Iowa City, Iowa, B.S., 1980
- University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, M.D., 1988
- General surgery internship, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, 1984-1988
residency, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, 1988-1994
Dr. Turner has practiced urological surgery in Alaska since 1994. He was a founding partner of Alaska Urology in 1997. He has authored numerous publications in basic science and clinical research, as well as delivering oral presentations. Dr. Turner is trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques in treating diseases of the prostate, kidney, and female urinary incontinence. Dr. Turner has specialized in da Vinci Robotic surgery since 2005.
Dr. Turner has hospital privileges at Providence Alaska Medical Center, Alaska Regional Hospital, Mat-Su Regional Hospital, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, South Peninsula Hospital and the Surgery Center of Anchorage.
Prior to that, he provided care to the Alaska Native population through Alaska Native Medical Center, and traveled extensively throughout the state-from Ketchikan to Kotzebue.
Dr. Turner is certified by the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Turner has the following affiliations:
- Diplomat of the American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- Alaska State Medical Association
- Anchorage Medical Society
- Society of Robotic Surgeons
- Western Section American Urological Association
- Past chair of the urology subsection at Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC)
- Member of the Cancer Committee at PAMC, and past member of the PAMC Medical Executive Committee