Hours of operation are continuing as normal which is the direction of the Center for Disease Control
**To keep our patients, employees, and others safe, we are asking any patients experiencing cold or flu like symptoms, to reschedule their appointment.
We are offering telehealth and telemedicine visits when possible.
We are doing everything we can to protect our patients and staff. When going out in public please keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact, and wash your hands often. We will be staying up-to-date with the latest information while continuing to monitor this changing situation closely.
For the latest information on Alaska’s response to COVID-19, please visit http://coronavirus.alaska.gov.
For more information on Coronavirus Disease 2019, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
How is Alaska Urology addressing COVID-19?
Additional precautions to normal sanitizing protocols:
- Having hand sanitizer, tissues, masks, and other items available for all patients
- Thoroughly disinfecting between patients all exam rooms, restrooms, and other patient areas
- Disinfecting at a much higher frequency rate: all light switches, door handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops
- Rescheduling and removing patients who have symptoms of the COVID-19 virus
- Offering telehealth and telemedicine visits when possible.
- Asking any staff member who are sick to stay at home.
- Removing all magazines from lobby and patient rooms
- Cleaning pens/clipboards after a single use
- Removing all toys in lobby and pediatric rooms
In addition to these actions, we would be more than happy to accommodate if you would prefer to wait in your car instead of the lobby for your appointment. Please call the office when you arrive to let the front desk know you are here. The medical assistant will call you when they are ready for you to come into the office for your appointment.