Hours of operation:
Anchorage at Providence Piper St. Location: Monday – Thursday | 8am – 5pm; Closed Friday
Palmer: Monday – Friday | 8am – 5pm
Anchorage at Regional Debarr Location: Temporarily Closed
At Alaska Urology our highest priority is to keep all our patients and staff as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
After considering all of the available information about the coronavirus, we have developed the following plan of action for our valued patients, staff, and neighbors:
- We are offering the ability to connect through our telemedicine program. Telemedicine uses video and audio to connect you with your provider in a secure, HIPPA compliant virtual meeting room where you will be able to talk about your concerns, diagnosis, and treatment plans.
- We also understand you will continue to need our services not only for urgent and emergent problems but also for your routine Urological needs that will continue during this pandemic.
- We will maintain small teams at our Providence and Palmer offices with shortened business hours to handle urgent care needs as well as those aspects of care that require a person to person visit.
- We ask that you trust our providers to assess your situation and determine whether you need to be seen in person, understanding that at this time any contact with others carries risk. As a result, we would ask that you allow us to do all initial assessments by means of telemedicine video conference.
- We have put in place a process by which when you contact our offices, we will arrange for you a telemedicine video conference visit with one of our providers. We will assess your problem, direct necessary workup and treatment, and determine whether we need to have you come into the office for a face to face visit. Our priority will be to limit the face to face visits to those that are absolutely necessary.
- We have implemented through a secure online portal all necessary patient forms with electronic signature needed for a visit to ensure your safety and your personal information’s security.
- If it is a medical necessity, you will be schedule for an in-office visit. Our office is following and exceeding all recommended guidance from public health authorities, including best practices for hygiene, infection control, and medical professional team health. We are confident in our ability to provide the care you have come to expect and deserve from Alaska Urology.
- While we normally prefer a referral from another clinic, we are happy to begin with a telemedicine video conference to assess your needs without requiring a referral from your provider. You can simply call us or send us a message through our website and we’ll schedule your telemedicine video conference.
- We are following national guidelines to perform no elective surgery at this time. If you have the need for an urgent or emergent surgery, we will make that determination using the process above.
How is Alaska Urology addressing COVID-19?
Additional precautions to normal sanitizing protocols:
- Participating in patient screening at the entrance of our locations for patient and staff safety.
- Limiting number of patients in lobby and ensuring proper social distancing by removing most lobby furniture.
- Having hand sanitizer, tissues, masks, and other items available for all patients.
- Thoroughly disinfecting between patients all exam rooms, restrooms, and other patient areas.
- Disinfecting at a much higher frequency rate: all light switches, door handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
- Rescheduling and removing patients who have symptoms COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, are in contact with individuals who have COIVD-19 symptoms or positive diagnosis, or have travelled in the past 14 days.
- Offering telemedicine video conference visits when possible.
- Asking any staff member who are sick to stay at home.
- Removing all magazines from lobby and patient rooms.
- Cleaning pens/clipboards after a single use.
- Removing all toys in lobby and pediatric rooms.
In addition to these actions, if you would prefer to wait in your car instead of the lobby for your appointment. Please call the office when you arrive to let the front desk know you are here. The medical assistant will call you when they are ready for you to come into the office for your appointment.
For the latest information on Alaska’s response to COVID-19, please visit http://coronavirus.alaska.gov.
For more information on Coronavirus Disease 2019, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html