Dr. Aftreth was born and raised in Anchorage and is grateful for the opportunity to care for Alaskans. He studied at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) before working at Massachusetts General Hospital, then received his medical doctorate from the University of Minnesota and most recently completed a six-year urologic surgery training program at Kaiser Permanente/Los Angeles Medical Center (2016-2022).
Dr. Aftreth is driven to serve the needs of the community and cares for the full spectrum of urologic conditions including:
- Urinary symptoms, nighttime urination and prostate enlargement/BPH
- Stone disease of the kidneys, ureters and bladder
- Genitourinary cancers of the penis, testicles, prostate, bladder and kidneys
- Hormone and reproductive conditions in men like low testosterone and infertility
- Sexual conditions including erectile problems and penile curvature
- Surgical reconstruction and repair of the urinary tract